Work with Passion
My passion is to facilitate capacity building that uses the lenses of design, strategy, research, and mapping, to help gender-focused projects,
media development initiatives, ICT4D organizations, as well as higher education institutions, to increase their social impact.
In Central European University, my expert role is in Consultancy for Digital Rights and Advocacy at the Center for Media, Data and Society.
I want to help others do what they do better through mapping and engaging stakeholders, innovation strategy, close community building, and training in creative and collaborative thinking.
I can also assist funders to understand the fields they wish to contribute to.
I create and teach innovative, collaborative, and multi-disciplinary courses at the undergraduate and graduate level on topics ranging from introductions to media and communication theories, to specialized courses on media reform and human rights.
My recent consultancy projects include:
- Information Disorder and Public Service Media, an Expert Report for the Council of Europe.
- Mapping Key Public Service Media Researchers Around the World, aka RIPE@GLOBAL, for the RIPE Network, supported by the Open Society Foundations and the European Broadcasting Union. Please see the Network’s website that I helped to set up here and the Roster of Experts here. The project has received additional funding from the European Broadcasting Union and is a partner with the Central European University, Center for Media, Data, and Society.
- I conducted Living Lab Research and Design for the Kenya-based ICT Innovation and Education incubator organization GESCI (2014-March 2017). See a short description of the project here; our project blog here; and the related Policy Briefs here (2015) and here (2017).
- I am the current President of IAAI-GloCha, a non-profit promoting systemic innovation regarding resource mobilization of global civil society for effective global governance in support of the work of United Nation System. Its current key initiative areas include youth participation in global governance, Rio+20 issues Cluster on Innovation, and Global Challenges Centers – local multi-stakeholder partnerships for sustainable development linked among themselves and with UN system.
- I’m also the interim Executive Director (summer 2018), a proud Advisory Board Member and involved in programmatic development of the Kota Alliance, a NYC-based incubator for women’s non-profits.